To build the hospital that Texas County needs to meet our future healthcare needs, we are launching a $3.2 million capital campaign—Care for Your Future—designed to address the limitations of the aging and inadequate portions of our current hospital, beginning with our surgery department and adding a tornado safe room.
The new surgery department will:
• Double the size of the department for two operating rooms and an outpatient surgery room
• Incorporate the latest technology for operating room efficiency
• Help recruit new physicians and ancillary staff and assist in retaining current physicians
• Advanced 24/7 access to general surgery care• Provide 7 private pre- and post-surgery bays for patients and their family members
– Particularly important for infant/parent bonding following C-sections
• Have 6,091 square feet of climate-controlled space
The FEMA approved tornado safe room will:
• Be capable of sustaining 250 MPH winds for 2 hours
• Provide shelter for 462 patients, staff members and community residents in severe weather
• Enhance capacity for triage in case of mass casualty
• Have a backup generator supplying power
• Have 4,000 square feet of climate-controlled space utilized as waiting space in non-threatening weather times
• Served 36,851 Patients
• Provided 40,685 TCMH Clinic, Hospice & Home Health Appointments
• Saw 12,233 ER Patients
• Made 3,853 Ambulance Calls Covering 221,869 Miles
• Performed 1,525 Surgical Procedures
A Vital Part of the Local Economy
• 424 Full-time & Part-time employees
• $15,975,636 Salaries & Benefits
• $14,995,396 Federal & State Funds from Medicare & Medicaid
• $6,013,269 in Uncompensated Care
• $1,677,383 Payables in Texas County
• 15 Physicians Employed by TCMH
• One primary care physician working in a rural area generates $1.2 million in annual revenue and creates 23 jobs.
• Current plans will increase the hospital’s size by 135%, creating more jobs and improving county infrastructure.
Do You Know?
• TCMH does not receive tax support
• Since 2004, TCMH has received $1.3 million in grant funding for equipment and training
• TCMH has also received $19 million in zero or low-interest loans for capital improvements and building projects
• TCMH has maximized loan opportunities for the institution